That Joyful Beginning: Students' First Scarves!

New Student Scarves:  Pat, Leslie, Carolyn and Lois
Almost every fall, the Guild Weavers offer a beginning weaving class. Students spend 3 months learning all the how's and why's of weaving. They are mentored by more experienced weavers and there are opportunities to practices those teachings. The lastest group of new weavers are finishing up their classes and will be participating in their first round robin color and weave workshop in January.

Check out these scarves!! Fantastic weaving!! I remember my first scarf, I planned it, warped it, wove it,  I swore at it, all with much apprehension and the thrill of watching it come alive. I still have that scarf and it's in a place of honor.  It's not perfect. I can find many, many issues...with my beat, with my tension, oh, well, pretty much everything. I was so proud of that first scarf and STILL am. It was a wonder, something I'd never even thought possible.

New Student Scarves: Jenny and Micheal


These students are obviously head and tails above my skill set. Congratulations to Pat, Leslie, Carolyn, Lois, Jenny, and Micheal on that beautiful and well done first scarf.

Comments

Popular Posts