Rug Protectors/Rug Finishes

About this time of year, I get a charge of energy. Now those of you who know me personally know that's dangerous...that's like the energizer bunny on steroids. So true, but it is wonderful to see the first crocus pop.

The weavers came together to share their winter projects. If Show and tell is any gauge, it seemed like there were a lot of folks who already had their energy burst...check out one example-Cathy's




Betty Shreves provided a wonderful program on rug finishes; The process, the fibers, techniques, and the potential problems. The Peter Collingwood's book Techniques of on Rug Weaving is considered the "bible", the best resource for rug weavers. Although it is out of print, it is available in our weavers library.





These are a few types of rug finishes used today.




Betty demonstrated several finishes and brought sample rug edges to teach us how to tie a

Damascus edge



Little did I know there was such a thing as "rug protectors"-techniques that prevent the weft from unraveling or that I need to plan my finish BEFORE I wind my warp. Wow, just show up, and you learn something.

Comments

Popular Posts